Monday, November 1, 2010

Wood Stack


In this photograph I have captured a pile of wood stacked up against a fence. I like how the moss that is stuck to the wood is bright green and is standing out from the wood. However, I do not like how orange the top of the wood looks. Also the angle of this photograph is boring and has too much negative space.

Since I took this photograph outside after a rain storm I did not have to adjust the camera settings very much. The aperture was set at F 13 and the exposure speed was set at 1/60. This allowed the perfect amount of light into the lens. The focus is very strong in this photograph because the wood is completely in focus.

To improve this photograph would be to take this picture at a different angle. The fence in the background is distracting the eye away from the wood. Also this photograph is photoshoped too much because the top of the wood is orange looking. I took this photograph because my family cut's down trees to heat our house in the winter; thus, I was showing how much work my family puts into cutting wood.