Friday, November 5, 2010

Meko the Watch Dog

In this photograph I have captured my dog Meko keeping watch on my family's backyard. Meko is my subject a lot when I am bored and want to take pictures. I like this photograph because of the angle I captured Meko's face at. However, I do not like how the sun is creating hot spots on his face.

Since I took this photograph at a harsh sunlight time of the day, the camera settings had to be altered. The aperture was set at F 5 and the exposure speed was set at 1/800. I should have fixed the settings more because too much sunlight still got into the camera lens. However, the focus in this photograph is very strong because Meko is completely in focus and the foreground and background are blurred.

Besides the harsh hot spots on Meko's face, I truly like this photograph. I like how the grass in front of Meko is blurred and the background is blurred because it is creating depth into the photograph. I also like the angle I captured Meko at because you can see his age in the white hairs in his chin and you can tell he is a watch dog. Animals are very difficult to photograph and I am lucky that both of my dog's are some what easy to photograph.