Friday, November 19, 2010

Eiffel Tower

In this photograph I have captured the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France. This photograph was taken this last summer when I went to Europe for a school trip. I like this photograph because the whole Eiffel Tower is in the picture. However, I do not like how far away I am from the Eiffel Tower, creating too much negative space.

Since I was outside when I took this photograph and the sun was not too harsh I did not have to adjust the camera settings very much. The aperture was set at F 3.2 and the exposure speed was set at 1/1000. This allowed for the perfect amount of light into the photograph. The focus is very strong in this photograph because the Eiffel Tower is completely in focus.

I took this photograph because for one thing I was in Paris and I was at the Eiffel Tower. In order to get the complete Eiffel Tower in the photograph you had to go a ways back. However, to improve this photograph would be to not be standing so far away because the road and the bushes are too much negative space. I do although, like how the clouds and airplane marks are creating a design in the sky which takes away some of the negative space in the sky.

I also took this photograph because I most likely will not return to Paris, France and the Eiffel Tower ever again; thus, I wanted to capture this moment because for the longest time I dreamt about being in Paris, and that dream finally came true.