Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Archway

In this photograph I have captured an archway in Anne Hathaway's Garden. This photograph was taken this summer when I went to Europe for a school trip. I like this photograph because of all the green plants that are shown. However, I do not like how much I zoomed in the archway.

Since this photograph was taken outside but in an area where trees provided shade I had to make sure the camera settings were set correctly. The aperture was set at F 3.2 and the exposure speed was set at 1/125. These settings allowed the perfect amount of light into the camera lens. The focus is very strong in this photograph because everything is in focus.

I took this photograph because I liked how the archway was made out of vines with plants growing all around it. I also liked how the archway then had a trail leading out that was too covered with plants. If I could improve this photograph I would zoom out a little when I took it so I could get more of the plants around the archway. However, everything else is perfect and this is a very natural looking photograph, which is what I love capturing.

I also captured this archway because this was in Anne Hathaway's garden in Wale, UK. If you didn't know, Anne Hathaway was William Shakespeare's wife so being here where Shakespeare once stood was absolutely amazing. I moment I definitely wanted to capture.