Monday, November 15, 2010

The London Eye

In this photograph I have captured The London Eye. I captured this photograph this last summer while I was in London on a school trip. I like this photograph because the "Eye" is standing out from the sky. However, I do not like how there other objects in the photograph.

Since I was outside and at a time when the sun is very harsh, I had to adjust the camera settings correctly. The aperture was set at F 8 and the exposure speed was set at 1/500. This allowed the perfect amount of light into the camera lens. The focus is strong in this photograph because the "Eye" is completely in focus.

I took this photograph because I liked how the sun was creating the "Eye" to be in shadow. Also because I was about to go on the "Eye" and wanted to capture this moment since I most likely will not return to London. If I could improve this photograph I would take a few steps back when trying to capture the "Eye" because the very top is cut out of the photograph. Also I would try to take this picture at a different angle so the building and the trees would not be in the photograph.