Monday, November 15, 2010

Santa Cruz, CA

In this photograph I have captured a beach in Santa Cruz, California. This photograph was taken this summer while I was vacationing there with my best friend and her family. In this photograph I like how the rocks and sand are contrasting one another. However, I do not like how the sky is so grey and dull.

Since I was outside, by water, and the sun was not out I did not have to adjust the camera settings very much. The aperture was set at F 8 and the exposure speed was set at 1/250. Since the sun was not shining this allowed the perfect amount of light into the camera lens. The focus is strong in this photograph because everything is in focus.

I took this photograph because I love taking pictures of beaches. I love going to the beach; therefore, I love capturing every moment that I spend at the beach. If I could improve this photograph I would try to photoshop the sky so it would be blue or at least some what more bright. Thus, if the sky was lighter it would make the photograph seem brighter and happier.