Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Notre Dame

In this photograph I have captured the Notre Dame in Paris, France. This photograph was taken this last summer when I went to Europe for a school trip. I like how the sun is shining through were the Notre Dame is spaced out at the very top of the building. However, I do not like how the sun is then creating a glare at the bottom of the lens, which is shown at the bottom of the photograph.

Since I obviously was outside when I took this photograph and the camera was facing directly at the sun I had to adjust the camera settings. The aperture was set at F 3.2 and the exposure speed was set at 1/1000. This allowed just enough light into the lens without the photograph being completely white. Also the focus is very strong in this photograph because Notre Dame is completely in focus.

To improve this photograph would be to step back before I took the picture to get the whole Notre Dame in the picture. However, it was very crowded and I did not want peoples head in my photograph so I had to stay close. I took this photograph because it was the Notre Dame and there is so much history involving this church. Also I was in Paris, France and I wanted to capture this moment because I most likely will not return to Paris and now I will have this memory forever.

Also with the sun shining through the top of the Notre Dame gives the building a more spiritual feeling. Which is also why I captured this photograph the way I did. However, it would be nice if the sky was not so cloudy and you could see more blue in the sky.