Monday, October 11, 2010

Sunglasses

In this photograph I have captured my reflections in sunglasses that I placed on a statue of a sun in my backyard. What I like about this photograph is the reflection. I like how the sky is a bright blue against the yellow grass. However, what I don't like about this photograph is how the sunglasses are not completely over the sun's eyes. I was trying to capture the sun with sunglasses on but the angle is a little off.

Since I was outside for this picture and the sun wasn't so strong I didn't need to fix my camera settings very much. I did set my aperture on F 16 and the exposure speed at 1/60. This allowed the perfect amount of light into the lens which also made the brass in the statue stand out very well. The focus is also very strong in this picture, the sun is completely in focus, the sunglasses, and the reflection of myself in the sunglasses is very strong.

What can be improved in this photograph is the angle I took it at. I should have moved over more or placed the sunglasses in a better way. Also you can't see the whole statue of the sun; thus, I should have stepped back or not zoomed in so much. I took this picture because my assignment for my photograph class was reflections and I wan't to try out something different.