Friday, October 22, 2010

Logan Krupp


In this photograph I have captured my younger brother Logan. My brother is my subject a lot because he is always around and it is easy to direct him rather than a random person. I like this photograph because the light is making his face glow and is giving a calm feeling. However, I do not like how you can only see his hair line rather than his whole head.

I took this photograph last Thanksgiving when I took the photograph of my great grandmother. I used my brother to set up and get a feel for the lighting before I took the photograph of my great grandmother. Since I used the light from the sun shinning through the window I needed to make sure my settings were exactly how I wanted them on the camera. I set my aperture at F 5 and the exposure speed at 1/125.

The focus is really strong in this photograph because my brother is completely in focus. What I think can improve this photograph is if I had a spot light on the background or a hair light. Thus, my brother's hair would be completely seen and it would not look as if his head had disappeared into the background. Today is Logan's birthday that is why I chose to blog about this photograph.