Thursday, October 14, 2010

Peace

In this photograph I have captured my peace ring and its shadow. What I like about this photograph is how the ring is glowing. The sun is adding a glow to it while also casting a shadow. However, what I do not like about this photograph is the angle I took this picture at.

Since I took this photograph at a good time of the day, when the sun was low I did not have to adjust my setting very much. My aperture was on F 11 and exposure speed was at 1/250. These settings gave the perfect amount of light which also made the ring stand out from the cement. The focus in this photograph is not very strong. The ring isn't completely in focus but the cement in front of the ring is more in focus.

I took this photograph because my assignment for my photography class was to capture a shadow. I wanted to be creative and make my own shadow instead of taking a picture of a tree, plant or statue. What I want to be improved in this photograph is the angle of the ring I captured. I want the word "peace" on the band to show more and the top of the shadow to show more.