Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Brittney Sly


In this photograph I have captured my friend Brittney Sly. This photograph was one of the pictures I used for my senior project. I like this photograph because of the angle I took this picture at. However, I do not like how there is a lot of black in this photograph, the background should be a different color.

Since I took this photograph inside my house with the window letting in natural light from the sun I had to make sure the camera settings were set correctly. I set the aperture speed at F 4.8 and exposure speed at 1/30. This allowed the perfect amount of light into the lens and the sun is giving Brittney a natural glow. The focus is very strong in this photograph because Brittney is completely in focus.

This photograph can be greatly improved in many ways. Since Brittney has dark hair I should have placed a spot light onto the background to lighten the background up. Or I should have gotten her to take off her black jacket so her purple shirt would add color to the photograph. Also I could have place a head lamp above her head to lighten her hair up.