Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Rain Drops on a Leaf

 
In this photograph I have captured rain drops on a rosebush leaf. I was told by my photography teacher that the best time to take pictures is before, during, and after a rain storm because of the lighting the clouds create. The one thing that I like about this picture is how well the leaf and the first rain drop are in focus while the background is blurred. However, I don't like how the rain drop looks frozen or crystalized by the reflection of the clouds. 

Before I took this photograph I made sure all my settings were how I wanted them. First I set my aperture on  F 11, then I set my exposure speed at 1/60 to let in just the right amount of light into the camera. Like I stated before my focus is exactly on the main subject. The leaf and the rain drop are in complete focus allowing the eye of the viewer to look at only it; also the colors in this photograph are well balanced.

I took this photograph because I wanted to experiment with rain drops. I had seen photographers capture rain drops on leaves and I always thought they were great photographs. Therefore, I tried to capture a rain drop on a leaf and accomplished my goal. This is one photograph that I haven't had to photoshop because the lighting was perfect and the colors were exactly how I wanted them to be.