Friday, October 29, 2010

Pool Equipment

In this photograph I have captured pool equipment such as, a pool stick, chalk, and two balls. I took this photograph because I was going for a commercial style set up. I like how I set up this photograph, with the placement of all the object; no negative space. However, I do not like how the cover of the pool table is all wrinkled, it causes a distraction from the main objects.

Since I took this photograph inside and I had light coming from above the objects, the camera settings had to be set correctly. I set the aperture at F 5 and the exposure speed was at 1/3. This allowed the right amount of light into the lens without whiting out the whole picture. The focus is very strong in this photograph because all the objects are in focus and the background is not, which lets the eye focus on the main objects.

This photograph was taken for my family's game room because the is my pool equipment and it was a present for my father. The wrinkled pool table cover should be smoothed out which would improve this photograph tremendously. Also if I tried to photoshop the light glow that is showing on both of the balls, because it is causing a distraction. This photograph is also a little boring and taking the photograph at another angle would improve it.