Sunday, October 3, 2010

Grizz and his football

In this photograph I have captured my brother's dog, Grizz laying in the grass with his football. One thing that really stands out to me in this photograph is all the colors. I like how the grass, fur, and ball all stand out from one another; creating contrast. What I don't like about this photograph is the placement and cropping of the dog. The end of the tail and part of the back foot are cut off, when they should be completely visible. 

Before I took this picture I made sure that all my settings were right. Therefore, my aperture setting was at F 6.3 and the exposure was set at 1/50. These settings allowed only so much of the sun to be let into the camera. I also made sure that the subject was in focus before taking the picture because having the subject not in focus is not good photography skills. 


Certain area's of this photograph can be changed or improved to make it a better picture by changing the placement, and the focus. By improving the placement and the angle I took the picture of the dog would allow its tail and foot to show. Then by changing the focus to only be focused on the dog would allow the background to be blurry giving the dog more attention. I took this picture because I like capturing moments when they are occurring to remember not just the big thing's in life but also the small thing's.