Wednesday, October 20, 2010

River


In this photograph I have captured the sun shining through the trees and reflecting off the river. What I like about this photograph is how calming the whole scene looks. It almost looks godly because the sun is shining through the trees making it hard to see. However, I do not like how you can barely see part of the mountains behind the bushes and trees.

Since the sun was the shining through the trees it almost made everything look black and white because of the shadows it created. Thus, I did not have to change my setting very much on my camera. The aperture was at F 13 and the exposure speed was at 1/4,000. The exposure speed had to be very fast because I didn't want the photograph to be whited out due to the sun.

I took this photograph because I wanted to see how trees would look if I capture the shining through them with the camera directly facing the sun. The focus is very strong in this photograph because everything is in focus and your eye is directed towards the sun's reflection in the river. What I wish I could improve in this photograph is how you can barely see some of the mountains through the bushes. Also my ISO on my camera is very high which is why when you zoom in on this photograph, it will look grainy; thus, I wish I would have noticed that my ISO was that high so I could have fixed it before taking this photograph.