Thursday, October 21, 2010

Dead Flower

In this photograph I have captured a dead rose. What I like about this photograph is the color of the rose petals. I like how they are a purple color and how they still are rich with color when the flower is dead. However, what I do not like is how the sun is creating a hot spot on the bush behind the rose.

Since I took this photograph at time of day when the sun was really bright I had to make sure my settings on the camera were fixed. I set my aperture at F 4 and the exposure speed at 1/180. This allowed the perfect amount of light. The focus in this photograph is really strong, the rose is the main subject and it is completely in focus.

I took this photograph because I really liked the color of the rose petals. Also this was one of my first pictures I took with my Nikon D40 camera. What can be improved in this photograph is again the bright spot behind the rose. Also I think the angle of the rose could be more interesting if I shot it from a birds eye view.